There are a million ways to distract yourself from writing. Here are some of mine:
- Washing mugs. Suddenly this is the most important job in the world. How are you expected to focus on writing when there are dirty mugs in the sink, waiting to be washed. Maybe even soaked in lemon juice to get rid of the tea and coffee stains. And while you’re at it, let’s go to number 2.
- Doing a websearch on the best way you can get rid of tea and coffee stains. Bleach is ecological horror. There must be better, gentler ways to do this. Nevermind that someone already told me to use lemons.
- Learn Spanish using Duolingo. Suddenly daily scores are met several times each day. I have learnt useful things like “necesito un caballo.” No. No necessito un caballo, o cebolla, o nada.
- Read all articles left like dog eared pages on browser tab for the past several months. Because clearly, they haven’t been closed for a very important reason. And the time to find the reason for that is now. Right now.
- While at it, save good ones and organise “Reading” folder in laptop.
- Take a game break.
- Take another game break.
- Go somewhere for strong coffee.
- Go somewhere for shisha and strong tea.
- Do another random websearch on something that is peripherally important, but you know not really.
- Walk the dog.
- Start writing and then stop writing.
- Instead, write the most useless list in the world on blog.
Fok. Okay, going to focus now.